Monday 22 February 2016

cutedeadgal: This whole “I’m hot and fuckable but you can’t have me” thing seems counterproductive....

cutedeadgal:

This whole “I’m hot and fuckable but you can’t have me” thing seems counterproductive. I’m referring to things like the SlutWalk and feminists who argue with MRAs like, “So you secretly wish you could fuck me.” Instead of saying that women are objects that you can’t fuck, we should say that women aren’t objects in the first place. I understand that women are currently being viewed as objects, but I’ve seen things like, “Just because someone is making food doesn’t mean you could eat it, and so if a woman hot and sexy and desirable doesn’t mean she’s yours.” But women aren’t food; food is meant to be eaten. We shouldn’t speak out against rape culture with ”women are objects that you can’t have,” but rather, “women aren’t objects altogether.”

No comments:

Post a Comment